Saturday, March 27, 2010

Travel agents vs. Internet travel agencies

-->
I have often been asked why booking with a travel agent is better than if you book on the internet. A while ago I wrote an article for Associated Content addressing this. My article also addresses the fact that you can benefit your local community rather than a "big box" store, i.e., a Mom n' Pop store vs. Wal-Mart, for example. You can read the full article at: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/427603/the_internet_vs_your_local_travel_agency.html.

Please let me know what you think of the article. I would love your feedback.

Please keep in mind also, when you are booking with a travel agent, you are dealing one on one rather than with numerous agents, often located outside the U.S. (should you get a human being) if you book online and need to call in with a question.
I recently had a client that found a lower priced package online than what I could find. In this rare instance, I could not match the price she found (normally I can do so without a problem). She decided to go with the online agency, however to get the price that she found, she actually had to be on the phone with them for 2 HOURS as the site kept coming up with errors.
My question is – what is your time worth? If she was booking with a travel agent, she would have been booked and done for about $100 more total rather than spending 2 HOURS on the phone to save this money. With me, she could have just paid a deposit and her final payment would be due 45 days prior to departure. With an online agency, you have to pay in full. What would you choose?

When you are booking with a travel agent, you build a relationship with your agent. Your agent learns what your likes and dislikes are and will find the right vacation for you based on this information. For my clients, I keep their needs at heart when working with them. Does a dot com travel agency do that for you?
For personalized service, email me at: divalisatravel@gmail.com!!

No comments:

Post a Comment